(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov. 1, Tuesday

8:48 AM
TREAT!

Karin and Randy were so cool! A few of us were hoping to stop somewhere and grab some candy for Halloween, but we didn't have time because Randy and Karin had to leave at 6:30 to meet with some people.

But after their meeting, Randy mentioned to Karin that we had been hoping to buy some and on their wayhome stopped to buy us cookies and candy, then before going to bed Karin made an origami box for each of us!

I took some pictures of the boxes and everything, and even got some footage of Ben and Noah finding theirs. So thankful and glad to have the Gilberts with us! :D

And a (specific) problem I have with communication was brought to my attention that I hadn't been previously aware of. So I need to work on that now.

5:19 PM
Untitled Note

We were raking leaves today, and Pastor Dave Eason called us over to pray for the contractor's son. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but his son had been checked out at the hospital and it was determined that he had a disease of some sort in the stomach.

I had a very rough time at the beginning of the day, partly because of what I mentioned in my early journal entry and partly because of a separate but related issue that was brought to my attention soon after we arrived at the boy's home. I was beating myself up a lot.

However Peter, a missionary from San Diego, spoke to me shortly after Pastor Dave prayed about a few things, asked me some questions about my walk with God now and in the past and about how I feel being on the mission field and prayed for me and God's leading in my life. I had really needed it and thank God for placing Peter their today.

I'm not sure how I feel about sharing this publically, but because of the very nature of this blog as having a two-fold purpose, being both my journal and a way of sharing the good news of the things happening here, felt it would be wrong to leave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment