(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Oct. 27, Thursday

9:14 AM
Donuts, scrambled eggs, beans, milk and orange juice.

Our breakfast at Trevor and Eric's house. Yum~ (She mixed so much in with the eggs I could barely taste 'em. <3 ) The beach was just the break we all needed in this lack of consistency that is our time so far in El Salvador, and we are now heading back to the house to open some windows and air things out then it is off to San Martin for another day of work. Not sure what we are doing for lunches though. We bought more bread this morning, so maybe we'll make our lunches there? (Though I think the plan was to make sandwiches at Trevor and Erica's house. . .) Everyone had a good time, accept I wanted to tempt fate just once before leaving the water for good and gave the water a sweeping kick to make a splash just for fun. The splash came up, and part of it came back on my face. Spent the next few hours laying down trying to make sure that what little bit of water went in came back out. Boring, but I learened my lesson, earned an excercise in patience, got some rest I was probably needing more than I realized and got to work on my tan. So a good day despite that little mess up. Oh! And my eye didn't twitch at all until we were on our way back at night and I was overthinking some things. I stopped myself and calmed down, and for the rest of the night was fine. I want to work on Spanish, but hope to avoid listening to much for a little while today so as to rest my brain awhile longer. Hey, it sounds bad, but you aren't the one with the twitching eye. :( 7:05 PM
Mini journal

Abandoned journaling in favor of talking with Noah on the way home. Figured he could use it, and I'm little more than a big kid anyway so it was fun. Oh the reminiscing of cartoons! ;)

A few quick highlights:

Colin stayed back today because while swimming he accidentally swallowed an unknown quantity of salt water throughout the day. He threw up last, but was gradually feeling better over the course of the morning before we left.

Karin took Ben in the other van to pick up Arele, the woman who offered to come and help us by precooking some of our meals (I think the spelling for her name is getting closer?), and go shopping. She happened to run into a couple who had worked security at the embassy and apparently had all sorts of fun stories and tips for safety about living in and traveling around El Salvador. I choose to think of it as a good reminder to not grow lax in what reasonable security measures we can take, and more importantly, to not grow lax in our prayers for safety. Beyond that, to not grow lax in our other prayers as well. We haven't had anything happen personally that makes us question our safety, but we are beginning to understand that despite our not seeing it there are very real dangers.

And Kayla has officially upgraded from ninja robot to ningel. She's a Ninja angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment