(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov. 4, Friday

10:02 PM
Untitled Note

I wasn't originally going to share this, and began typing the following as a note to myself that would not go on the blog. However, from the looks of how this private note began coming out it seems that God has made it so I can share this, and since I can, I want to.

Yesterday Pastor Mike spoke to us in the bungalo, and the day marks the beginning of a change for our little 'family'.

From here we will with God's strength grow stronger; but writing this at the end of the next day with less than 48 hours between then and now I am reminded of a few of Pastor Mike's words which seemed to have been particular, "Being in the middle of God's Will there will be pain, and you mustn't be afraid of it, you musn't runaway from it. I pray to God that this pain will not leave a lasting scar, even knowing that a lasting scar can so easily be healed by God. I pray for protection from the enemy and peace within our household here in El Salvador and within our households back home in the states. For strength and guidance both for myself and everyone here and a level head and clear mind focused on God's will and the things He would desire with which to face our trials, not focused on the things of this world. For receptiveness when our struggles, failures and shortcomings are brought to light. I pray for His will in our lives and actions, heart and minds.

10:35 PM

After finishing the above I was thinking what should follow, and to be honest now I can't even remember what I was thinking to add, but Randy asked to speak.

He and I talked about many things, and this was very much a good talk, and from it I really think that God is going to help make everything ok. There will still be pain, and there will still be struggles, but even if a few bones need to be broken to set the arm correctly, the arm is going to heal and, with time and effort, find itself stronger than it ever was before and without a scar to be seen.

I thank God for His sovereignty and for His love. I thank Him for our wonderful little motley crew and ask that we be used for His glory.

I thank Him for the surprising ninja, the strong princess, the passive marine, the ruddy bookworm, the hardworking giant, the understanding diplomat, for the child who rules a world of his imagination and for the child who weaves himself a golden crown.

I thank God for letting me be with them, grow with them and spend this time getting to know them. I love our little motley crew, difficulties and difference or not, and love God for letting me be a part of it (and a bunch of other things besides).

No comments:

Post a Comment