(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Oct. 30, Sunday

12:45 PM
Classroom cHaOS!?!!.!_ _~_

(Well, only really during question time.)

Today instead of going to the football ministry after serving breaktast like last Sunday, I went from the church with Kayla and Jaymi to help at the Campos Blancos we visited last week (a neighborhood outreach for those unable to attend church, primarily focused at kids, giving the morning's teaching and a small snack) and from there went back to the church. We met up with Colin who had been playing guitar with the worship team and split up, Kayla and Jaymi in one classroom with Colin and I in another.

The class taught us some songs in Spanish which was really fun, then went into THE longest kids Sunday school lesson in Spanish that I had to stand there and look like I was paying more attention than I actually was (or was even able to) so that I could act like a good role model to the little Sunday school kiddies. Very hard at times when everything is in Spanish. The lesson was Exodus 32, on the Isrealites and the golden calf, and seemed almost like what the teaching at an adult service would be like. Kids were really good for it too. Some of them were bored at times, but they'd come back to attention without the teacher forcing it or anything.

Something else I found interesting but couldn't quite place until overhearing Kayla and Jaymi talk about it later, all the eight and nine year olds had Bibles. That they used for class. And read from. Jaymi mentioned how they actually teach the kids verso a verso (verse by verse), and even though they are in the Old Testament the teaching wasn't 'story oriented'.

At the end the teacher gave the kids a question time with us. So cute, and sooooo excited. It felt really weird being asked if I had been in a war, was married or had a girlfriend and if I had kids (to name the ones that stood out).

One of those funny, "Wow, I really have been out of high school for two years." moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment