(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Oct. 25, Tuesday

6:05 PM
Painting the roof and bomb'n the house!

We got more of it done. But my back really hurts. And I have a sunburn from my shirt riding up without my realizing. And on the way to the car I think I got a bug bite because my lip suddenly began swelling up. :,(

Bah. We did good work and I'm just whining. :p

Tomorrow the house is going to be fumigated because we are realizing that the bugs are likely to be a bigger problem than we had first thought. We'll be staying at Trevor and Erika's new house tomorrow night. Unfortunately our house is the farthest thing from being 'sealed', so Randy brings up a good point in that the bugs will be coming back unless it also repels them. . . and we are in Central America and bugs are part of the package, he brought up that point too.

But what are we supposed to do? Karin just brought the bugs up to Violeta for advice and the ultimate El Salvadoran handy man, who's name I can't recall at the moment other than that it starts with an 'R', said "le bomba!"*

Also, tomorrow is Randy'a birthday so Violeta said we could take the day off to hit the beach, and because Randy is a lifetime experienced surfer could be an exception to the 'no surfing' rule the church has for partnered missionaries due to past incidents. (Thank you God for letting Randy have that!)

*Actually it's totally Karen having fun saying the house is going to be bombed in Spanish, but the point is from what I understand that he was the one who suggested full on fumigation.

9:48 PM
Aloe! It's a leaf.

I actually already knew that, but am not sure anyone had actually shown me how you use it. I always thought the leaf was boiled or something. . . but you just cut it open. o-O

I asked Chris if I could use some of the aloe I had assumed he brought and began to tell me that he gave his big pump bottle to Tony at the Ranch when he stopped and said, "Oh. We have some growing in the back."

I have aloe on a few scrapes and the small of my back now. <3 :)

And put it on my lips. I also discovered a few minutes later that antioxidant goo doesn't taste very good.
But I hope to be much more ready for the beach tomorrow! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment