(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Oct. 20, Thursday

9:44 AM
On our way to San Martin!

So the rain is now finished, the sun is out and hot, and we are on our way to San Martin!

Also, my blog account is finally fixed so I will begin uploading these little journal things soon, and the doubly good news is I was able to but an SD card yesterday for the camera Jaymi gave me (she was able to find a very nice new one within the price range she was hoping for by the way) so pictures will be accompanying them aswell.

The unfortunate thing is I forgot about it in all our rush to get out the door this morning so there won't be any from me of our first day in San Martin.

5:22 PM
On our way home!

We are heading back and will be returning to San Martin y la casa* de los niños mañana. ("and the boy's home tomorrow.") - Thanks goes to Kayla for fixing my attempt at Spanish grammar.

Today we cleared some drains of leaves and dirt to begin the process of unclogging them get them ready for the next rainy season (remember that this storm came in after the rainy season had just ended and dumped more rain than they've seen in 50 years) and raked up leaves in various places around the property.

We also had the a chance to play football (soccer!) after lunch with several of the boys which was a lot of fun. They had some crazy awesome footwork going and were way better than us but we made up for it, at least a little bit, with our size. (Who am I kidding, we still lost terribly.) Oh how I wish we could show pictures of them!

*i.e. The orphanage, but Violeta said they prefer to call it the home instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment