(If you'd like to read my Bible studies, checkout dylanwilki.blogspot.com)
Praise God, let's get this show on the road!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Oct. 18, Tuesday

2:54 PM
Untitled Note

I know, I know! It's getting redundunt, but we were hoping to go to the hospital. However, because they didn't get back to us we aren't.

Funny enough that's not actually so bad because instead of going back to the hotel (Our temporary residence encase you've forgotten. (The storm actually seems to have come largely to a close and Randy checked Pastor Carlos' house yesterday and it's fine, so this will likely be our last night at the surprisingly nice and cheap hotel.)) we'll be going back to the church to finish the work we were doing this morning.

I get to finish washing my windows! Makes me happy. :D

5:46 PM
So much adhesive!!!

I wasn't able to finish the windows, but it wasn't for lack of trying. The edges of those darned things were lined with the seemingly ancient remnants of long forgotten tape! The windows are funny in that they are like large glass blinders, each pane around 4 or 5 inches wide and a few feet across. Randy is going to ask for me next time we are working at the church and I am able to continue working on my little 'project' if it is alright that I simply remove the panes as I clean them, that way I won't need to awkwardly scrape long loosely constrained sheets of glass ranging from 3 or 4 feet in the air to 7+ feet in the air.

Did I mention that I am washing them with a single torn shirt (camisa), water (agua) and newspaper (periodico) to dry it? Non-American cleaning supplies yeah! XD

Random fact: It is culturally insensitive to say that I am from America. Technically, I am still in America and am from the United States. Get it? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment